Sep 3, 2009

The 5th Player


Like "the 6th player" in basketball, Seinfeld has their "5th player", the #1 character off the bench who is just short of the starting 4. In Seinfeld, that player can be none other than Frank Costanza. Here are a few gold Frank Costanza moments:

- You know about the cups?
Frank: ...you know about the cup sizes and all? They have different cups.
George: I-I know about the cups.
Frank: You got the A, B, C the D. That's the biggest.

- Lock, stock and barrel:
Frank: (on phone) This .. is .. Frank .. Costanza.
Morty: What do you want?
Frank: You think you could keep us out of Florida? We're moving in lock, stock and barrel. We're gonna be in the pool. We're gonna be in the clubhouse. We're gonna be all over that shuffleboard court! And I dare you to keep me out!

- Rained down blows:
Frank: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reach for the last one they had - but so did another man. As I rained blows opon him, I realized there had to be another way.
Kramer: What happened to the doll?
Frank: It was destroyed. But out of that, a new holiday was born. "A Festivus for the rest of us!"

6 comments: