Sep 4, 2009

Stand Alone Comments


Some Seinfeld lines need no setup or context - pure genius on their own.

Kramer: Jerry, you stand on the threshold of sensual delights that most men dare not dream of.

Kramer: The carpet sweeper is the biggest scam perpetrated on the American public since one hour martinizing.

George: Do you ever just get down on your knees and thank god that you know me and have access to my dementia?

George: You see, you see? I see things as they are and I say, 'no!'. Uh, wait, you see things as they are not and you say ... wait, uh, when you see things, do you see things as they are? What do you say when you see things?

George: You ask me to have lunch, tell me you slept with Elaine, and then say you're not in the mood for details. Now you listen to me: I want details and I want them right now. I don't have a job, I have no place to go. You're not in the mood? Well you get in the mood!

Phone Man: Look, I work for the phone company. I've had a lot of experience with semantics, so don't try to lure me into some maze of circular logic.

4 comments: