Oct 13, 2009

Movie References

Through the seasons Seinfeld has snuck in some classic movie references. How about these:

1.

The Mom & Pop Store...
Kramer: Uh, Jerry...these nosebleeds are starting again.
Jerry: (wipes Kramer's brow) Maybe we should get you to a hospital.
Kramer: Hey, I ain't goin' to no Bellevue! Look at me, I'm fallin' apart here.

...from Midnight Cowboy
Ratso Rizzo: Just get me on a bus. You ain't sendin' me to Bellevue...That's funny? I'm fallin' apart here..

2.

The Chicken Roaster...
Elaine: I work for your mail order catalog.
Peterman: You're an errand girl, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

...from Apocalypse Now
Willard: I'm a soldier.
Kurtz: You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

3.

The Andrea Doria...
Jerry: Elaine, Newman is my sworn enemy. And he lives down the hall from my home - my home, Elaine! Where I sleep, where I come to play with my toys.

...from The Godfather II
Michael Corleone: My home! In my bedroom! Where my wife sleeps...and my children play with their toys.

4 comments: